We’re at our best when the challenges are the greatest. Are you ready?
TOR – PROGRAM MANAGER
Since 2003, Sayara has applied innovative solutions to complex communications, development and stabilization problems throughout Afghanistan. Founded by Afghan and international strategic communication specialists, Sayara is renowned for its unique approach to strategic communications that utilizes in-depth local knowledge, regional networks and robust research designs. Sayara is, above all, an Afghan company committed to the development of the local civil society and economy. Our social and economic responsibility towards Afghanistan’s development is paramount to every decision.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected candidate will support several communications and community engagement projects and participate in business development. One of the main projects that the incumbent will be focusing on is a communications for stabilization program that designs and broadcasts public service announcements in support of peace and stability. The business development aspect of the job will be on an intermittent basis and will include proposal writing, client engagements and presentations and concept developments.
The Program Manager is expected to:
- Lead teams of national or international staff
- Manage the day to day activities of a program
- Write client ready program reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Work in a dynamic environment with multiple teams
- Participate in client meetings
- Manage project deliverables in line with the project plan
- Monitor project progress and performance
- Support the operations of Sayara and perform any other project management related tasks as needed
This is an international position
The Project Manager reports to the Senior Program Manager
The Project Manager will be offered a one (1) year Employment Contract, with a four (4) month probation period and the option for renewal, based on the discretion of, and mutual agreement between Sayara Strategies and the Project Manager
This position is based in Kabul, Afghanistan
How to apply:
Please send an introductory email and CV to email@example.com. Subject line of the email should be “Project Manager” and then the applicant’s name. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Experience writing reports; strong editing capabilities desirable
- A Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- Knowledge about the donor industry and experience writing proposals desirable
- Given the heavy reporting requirements of this position, native English speakers are preferred
REGIONAL DIRECTOR - MIDDLE EAST
Sayara International is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our executive management team and lead the development of its Middle East expansion. The Regional Director will both oversee project staff, client relationships and will devote a good deal of their time to business development, project cycle management, supervision of technical, logistics and administrative departments and HR management.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to work with a small, but highly efficient team in one of the most transformative areas of the world. It’s also highly independent position. The Director will report to the senior management team, but much will be expected of the individual to manage day-to-day operations without micro-management.
Business Development – Oversee the organizations business development strategy, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals, pitching to donors and administrating business development records and documentation. Develop and manage a regional business development strategy.
Program Management – Oversee project managers and ensure quality control of technical and financial aspects of projects throughout project life-cycles. When necessary actively participate in project execution.
Administrative Duties– In coordination with the COO and financial management teams, effectively manage organization and donor resources according to a set budget guidelines, in compliance with current laws and donor regulations.
Human Resources – Oversee the recruitment, training, and development of a growing team of project managers and analysts. Maintain a robust HR program and effectively manage your people according to authorized personnel policies and procedures.
- Strong track record as a leader with excellent team building skills
- Proven experience in hostile or complex environments
- Experience running or ideally starting up a large program or an organization
- Proven ability to innovate and transform organizations
- Demonstrable track record with business development
POSITION DETAILS and Location:
Beirut, with frequent regional travels throughout the Middle East
How to apply:
Please send an introductory email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of the email should be “Regional Director- Middle East” and then the applicant’s name. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- 8-10 years of experience working with international development/humanitarian agencies and NGOs
- University Degree in International Development, Political Science, Sociology, Business, Economics, or even Interpretive Dance (what matters more is what you did with it)
- Fluent in English. A working or fluent knowledge of Arabic is preferred
- Understanding of Lebanese and Middle Eastern development markets
- Capable of travel frequently, often on short notice
- Willing to travel to hostile environments
- A solid grounding in development, finance, and economics preferred
Sayara International in a development firm committed to building positive change in transitioning societies. By working closely with local partners and the communities that we serve, we take a holistic approach to implementation, research, and monitoring and evaluation. Our programs help communities and institutions develop sustainable, research-based solutions to solve complex development challenges in Central Asia and in the Middle East. The Research Officer will work within the Research & Evaluation Team. The Research Officer will work on projects across all our thematic pillars, including mixed migration, humanitarian aid delivery and public health.
• Conduct literature reviews, concept notes and inception reports
• Lead, plan, coordinate assigned projects in a timely manner
• Conduct fieldwork (KIIs, FGDs, etc.)
• Collect and analyze data
• Train and supervise field teams
• Write analytical reports
• Support proposal development
• Prepare research instruments: Key informant interviews, Focus Groups
Discussions Guide, Survey Questionnaire, M&E Frameworks
• Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of
subjects, as necessary
• Summarize interviews
• Manage and respond to project related emails
• Coordinate work with the field team
• Attend project meetings
• Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary
• Prepare progress reports for the clients
• Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
• Send your CV (2 pages maximum) and a motivation letter (200 words maximum)
• Optional: Writing samples and publications (5 mb maximum)
- Minimum BA (MA preferred) in social science, political science, international affairs, development, or any other relevant field
- Proficiency in using SPSS or STATA
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and report writing (1 year minimum)
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation (humanitarian work and/or development programs)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work long-hours when needed
- Experience living in a foreign country, preferably in the Middle East
- Excellent English writing skills
- Fluency in Arabic is a strong plus