13 Apr Sayara & Spotlight Initiative Webinar on the Study of VAWG
Sayara International has over a decade of experience carrying out complex studies on gender-based violence and gender roles and social norms in multiple contexts.
Since 2019, Sayara has been implementing a national study in Honduras, commissioned by the Spotlight Initiative, that seeks to understand the social norms that reproduce social and institutional tolerance towards Violence Against Women and Girls.
As part of our commitment to the communities we work with, Sayara has partnered with the Spotlight Initiative to produce a Spanish-language webinar on April 28, 2021, on Methodologies for the Study of Violence Against Women, Girls, and Adolescents (VAWGA).
Our expert researchers will share methodological lessons learned and best practices acquired during the implementation of the study in Honduras. Experienced local and international organizations will also share their experiences.
Guest speakers include:
- Manuel Contreras – World Bank, Senior Social Development Specialist, LAC
- Vita Randazzo – UN Women Honduras, Spotlight Coordinator, Technical Specialist in Gender
- Gianluca Giuman – Sayara International, Technical Leader in Gender Studies
- Tatiana Uclés – Sayara International, Senior Researcher
- Migdonia Ayestas – National Observatory of Violence, IUDPAS-UNAH Honduras, Coordinator
The panel will present cases in Honduras and discuss the lessons learned for Latin America and the Caribbean. The session concludes with interactive Q&A.
This event is open to all, but is particularly relevant for those working in academia, civil society organizations, cooperation agencies, government agencies and NGOs, and feminist movements in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Join us on April 28 here: https://www.facebook.com/onumujereshonduras/ We look forward to your participation!