OFFICE MANAGER – SUDAN
Sayara International is hiring an experienced Office Manager to join its Sudan team. This role is full-time and is based in Sayara’s Sudan office. Please read the full Terms of Reference below and guidelines on how to apply for this role. We look forward to hearing from you.
This role is only open to Sudanese Nationals.
We are looking for a results-driven and confident Office Manager to join Sayara International’s team in Sudan.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Sudan’s Country Director and the Operations Manager, the Office Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of Sayara International’s Sudan office in Khartoum. The Office Manager will report to Sayara’s Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of office management and of working with international organizations and donors.
The Office Manager will contribute to the work Sayara does to build positive change in societies that most need it. You will be working as part of a welcoming and diverse multicultural team of experienced professionals.
About Sayara International:
Sayara International is a social enterprise combining rigorous research and communication to create positive change in fragile and conflict-affected societies.
Sayara provides complex monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) and social and behavior change communication (SBCC) in the most challenging environments. We work on countering disinformation, measuring social cohesion, and assessing education, migration, inclusive governance, climate change, and health.
Diverse perspectives and an emphasis on equity bring strength to Sayara. Gender, inclusion, and intersectional identities are cross-cutting themes across all our internal practices and our programs for governments, civil society organizations, and international institutions.
Sayara has evolved across unstable contexts. Our decentralized structure – with a global leadership network and investment in local talent – enables agility and rapid start-up, while equipping us with unique values and competencies.
Founded in 2003, Sayara operates in 30 countries across Eastern Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, South and Central Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. Our teams of professionals are based in field offices in Khartoum, Kyiv (until recently), and Nairobi, with support from our offices in Dubai, London, Marseille, and Warsaw.
- Maintain day-to-day operations of the organization’s office in Khartoum, including through correspondence with vendors, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Coordinate and provide logistical travel support for domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel, and car rental reservations.
- Greet and assist visitors (representing Sayara International in a professional manner), attend to a high-volume of incoming phone calls, and deliver excellent support services.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings and manage staff calendars.
- Provide guidance on filing and archiving systems in accordance with set guidelines by Sayara regarding the protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintain company efficiency by planning office processes, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning tasks, and by following up on them to ensure completion.
- Responsible for mailing and shipping.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and office landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Ensure company supplies and equipment are procured in a timely manner, maintaining proper stock levels and inventory lists.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as Office Manager or equivalent role, specifically in Sudan.
- Experience working with international organizations and donors.
- Accurate and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent standard of work and ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Essential for this position is someone ethical who behaves with integrity, tact, diplomacy, discretion, and impartiality.
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High-level organizational and administrative skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
Location & Travel:
This position is office-based. Candidates must be based in Sudan.
Salaries are locally competitive and based on experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), Sunday-Thursday.
The Office Manager will be offered a one (1) year employment contract, with a three (3) month probation period and the option for renewal, based on the discretion of, and mutual agreement between Sayara and the Office Manager.
Please submit your detailed CV and cover letter with up-to-date contact information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Office Manager” as the subject line of your email.
The deadline for applications is November 15, 2022. Note that CVs will be screened on a rolling basis and Sayara will offer the position to the candidate who meets the requirements – even if it is before the deadline.
Sayara International is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.